Best Bath Essential Oils
Today, some of us bathe in salt water. Others in ice-cold water & others use jets, stream, sprays, spurts or gurgles. No matter what, the splashing water & steam combined with a relaxing, warm soak to make bath time the most restful part of the day in a mad world.
Why Add Essential Oils to Your Bath ?
When you add essential oils to your bath, you transform a pleasurable experience into a heavenly one. Because you are in a heated, steamy room, the essential oils let more of the bouquet molecules go compared to during massage, so when you lay bathing within the warm water it softens the skin & also accelerates the oils absorption, allowing the essential oils to work at their magic more potently on both mind & body. Also, since the aroma is so much stronger in warm, steamy air, if you us more than one essential oil you’ll notice that it is like sniffing a bunch of flowers. If you keep your eyes closed, not only can you smell the whole bouquet, but you can name all the blooms individually. The effect is caused by heat making the individual oils come in waves, so you can smell them singly & combined, with the result that they smell so different & divine. You’ll hardly recognize them.
Ten Best Bath Essential Oils
If you want to add single oils to your bath the best all rounder’s at any time of the year are :
- 5 drops Bergamot (for melancholy, depression )
- 7 drops Chamomile ( for insomnia, itchy skin )
- 8 drops Frankincense ( sedative, calming, mood sweetening )
- 10 drops Geranium ( relaxing but uplifting, energizing )
- 8 drops Jasmine ( for apathy, stress, fatigue )
- 10 drops Lavender (relaxing, soothing, positive )
- 8 drops Neroli ( hypnotic, anti-depressant )
- 5 drops Patchouli ( energizing, invigorating )
- 10 drops Rose ( romantic, happiness, pleasure )
- 8 drops Sandalwood ( intimate, sensual, mellowing )
Vital Comforters :
- A warm room.
- Soft lighting.
- A neck pillow or rolled up towel.
- Soothing eye pads.
- Lots of large, warm towels.
- The telephone off the hook or mobile switched off.
Although you will only smell the aroma for a few minutes, don’t be tempted to add extra oil. The human nose soon gets accustomed to the same smell registering it, but oils will keep evaporating for 15 minutes or more.
Furthermore, small amounts of essential oils offer greater effect than larger amounts so don’t think double the amount will rid you of a headache twice as quickly. It won’t, & if you use too strong a concentration you risk irritating the skin.
Essential oils are become so popular that AMAZON now have 156,860 products listed just under ESSENTIAL OILS !
Thanks for reading if you have any thing to ask please leave comment below